HMMM holds a ground-breaking ceremony for its new Mexico plant
HINO MOTORS MANUFACTURING MEXICO, S.A. DE C.V. (HMMM), a Mexican subsidiary of Hino Motors, Ltd. (Hino), held a ground-breaking ceremony on October 15 (midnight, Japan Standard Time), at the site of its new plant in Silao, the State of Guanajuato.
A large scale ground-breaking ceremony was held. In attendance were many distinguished guests from the Mexican government, local companies, and organizations, including Mr. Oliva, Governor of the State of Guanajuato, Mr. Galvan, Mayor of Silao, and Mr. Ono, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, Embassy of Japan, Mr. Ichikawa, Executive Vice President representing the Hino Group, and Mr. Koshie, President of HMMM.
The annual production capacity of the new plant is 1,200 units. Production (assembly) of the “Hino 500 Series” * is scheduled to begin in July 2009.
By introducing this new product to the Mexican market, Hino will exert its effort to expand sales of the Hino brand vehicles in Mexico, one of its rapidly growing markets. Gradually expanding the production scale of highly reliable trucks at its new plant will directly contribute to developing the automobile industry, logistics, and local society in Mexico.
* The “Hino 500 Series” is referred to as “Hino Ranger” in Japan, and it corresponds to
the Classes 5 through 8 in Mexico.
Profile of Manufacturing Company
- Company name: HINO MOTORS MANUFACTURING MEXICO, S.A. DE C.V.
- Location: Silao-city, State of Guanajuato, United Mexican States (Mexico)
- Representative Director: Yasuo Koshie (sent from Hino)
- Establishment: August 2008
- Capital: 9 million US Dollars
- Ratio of capital contribution: Hino 80%, MITSUI & CO., LTD. 20%
- Site area: 96,000m2 (Building area: 3,600m2)
- Manufactured model: HINO 500 Series
- Production capacity: 1,200 units per year (1 shift, fixed time)
- Production start: July 2009 (schedule)
- Number of employees: Approximately 40 (at the start of production)
- Business description: Manufacturing of Hino trucks