Hino Green Fund starts soliciting grant recipients for FY2013 [Hino Green Fund]
On May 16, Hino Green Fund (HGF), a public interest incorporated association, has started soliciting grant recipients for FY2013 (*1) among organizations, groups, and individuals working in areas of environmental conservation.
For over 20 years since it was founded in 1991 through an investment by Hino Motors, Ltd., HGF has been lending support to "environmental greening activities" and the promotion of "environmental conservation activities." In FY2013, through its ongoing assistance activities, HGF is committed to working towards achieving the goal set out in the basic principles of the fund's founding - "harmony between society and the environment."
*1: April 2012 - March 2013
1. Grant eligibility
1) Implementation of tree and vegetation planting that benefit environmental conservation.
2) Conservation of the natural environment.
3) Investigative research conducive to the conservation of the natural environment.
4) Implementation of educational and awareness-building activities that benefit environmental conservation.
(1) Activities for the purpose of, or with the strong possibility of a connection to, gaining profit.
(2) Activities solely for the purpose of holding meetings, making trips overseas
or purchasing equipment and/or facilities.
(3) Purchase or leasing of equipment, facilities, etc., solely for the purpose of the convenience
of the activity promoters.
(4) Activities corresponding to academic degree dissertations or other personal research.
(5) Activities deemed to be strictly an avocation.
(6) Activities do not meet the regulation of entry guidelines and application form.
2. Persons eligible for grant receipt
1) Individuals, organizations, groups, etc., that implement the activities or research noted above.
2) Applicant qualifications
(1) Activities are to be based in Japan.
(2) If an organization, it shall in principle have a background of at least two years as well as
a record of past activities.
(3) Applications must be written in Japanese.
3. Grant amount
Total activity amount of about 7.5 million Yen (tentative)
4. Grant period
November 1, 2012 - October 31, 2013
5. Entry method
Please download the application form (Excel file) on the Hino Green Fund website in either the on-screen data entry or handwriting version, enter the required information and mail the form to the address given below.
Note: Please note that the application form consists of two pages.
HGF website, grant information (Japanese Language only)
6. Entry period
May 16 - July 31, 2012 (postmark no later than the final day)
7. Grant recipient finalization
1) Screening method
Applicant screening will be conducted by the Screening Committee, the final decision will be made
with the approval of the Board of Trustees and each applicant will be notified of the results in writing.
2) Important points in the screening
Selection will be made taking into account the requirements given below in accordance
with the project theme.
(1) Activity grants
a) The activity itself is supported by many people and the results can be broadly shared.
b) The activity is based on flexible concepts or ideas that are not impeded by conventional ways
of thinking and is active and creative in nature.
c) The activity has significance reflecting broad international horizons.
d) The compilation and release of an activity record as of the present will serve as an important
impetus in the future both for the group involved and for society.
e) The activity plan is specific and human resources, information, etc., required to implement
that plan can be secured.
f) Appropriate human resources involved in the production of the activity record can be secured.
(2) Research grants
a) The concepts are unique.
b) The research is visionary and has foresight relative to society.
c) The implementation of the research is timely.
d) There is a need for private-sector assistance.
e) The plan is feasible.
(3) Publication grants
a) The content is currently in a state of general completion and a completed version can be
submitted with only minor revisions.
b) General agreement has been reached with a publishing company regarding the publication plan.
c) It is fully intentioned to enable a large number of readers to read the publication with interest.
d) It has significance as natural or human science and is unquestionable in content.
8. Address for application submission
Hino Green Fund
3-1-1 Hinodai, Hino City, Tokyo 191-8660
Tel: 042-586-5369, Fax: 042-586-5222
Please inquire at the office above if anything remains unclear.
(sorry Japanese Language only)