Hino Motors Finalizes its 2020 Environment Initiative Plan
- Aiming to be a Company that Can Help Societies Develop Sustainably -
Hino Motors, Ltd. (hereafter, “Hino” or the “Company”) has finalized its 2020 Environment Initiative Plan, an action plan for environmental measures spanning from fiscal 2016 to 2020. Under this new plan, Hino will continue focusing on the main areas designated in its 2015 Environment Initiative Plan, which is its action plan effective until March 31, 2016. In addition, as a manufacturer of commercial vehicles, Hino will step up its efforts to make trucks and buses more environmentally friendly over their entire product lifecycles. Specifically, the Company has set targets for 19 items under the four main areas listed below, and it will carry out related initiatives under the new plan.
1) Building a Low-carbon Society 2) Creation of Closed Loop Economy 3) Environmental Conservation & Creation of Society Coexisting in Harmony with Nature 4) Environmental Management
Overview of each main area
1) Building a Low-carbon Society Hino will work to help realize low-carbon societies by improving the fuel efficiency of its trucks and buses while developing and promoting next-generation vehicles. Amid steady progress in international negotiations on climate change by the Conference of Parties and other organizations, Hino also intends to reduce its CO2 emissions at the production and logistics stages by making its manufacturing more environmentally friendly and its transport operations more efficient. At the vehicle usage stage, the Company will promote “Eco-driving” to customers with the goal of enabling them to use Hino vehicles in ways that are easier on the environment.
2) Creation of Closed Loop Economy At the product development and design stages, Hino will consider how to more effectively utilize resources and incorporate recycling into its vehicle designs. The Company also intends to reduce waste matter and reuse resources across all stages of the vehicle lifecycle, from production through to disposal. Moreover, it will work to ensure proper compliance with automobile recycling-related laws and regulations in every country.
3) Environmental Conservation & Creation of Society Coexisting in Harmony with Nature Hino will actively work to release low-emission vehicles to the market in order to help improve air quality in each of the countries and regions where they are sold. At all of its factories, the Company will promote measures that consider biodiversity, with the goal of operating them in a sustainable manner, in harmony with local ecosystems. Moreover, Hino plans to organize environmental activities together with the residents of areas surrounding its worksites for the purpose of helping those communities thrive in harmony with nature.
4) Environmental Management Hino is putting environmental management into practice not only in its own operations, but also in collaboration with Hino Motors Group companies around the world, with a view to extend the initiatives described above globally and to effectively see them through. Accordingly, each member company of the Group worldwide is putting action plans in place and carrying out activities intended for meeting specified targets. In addition, Hino intends to help raise awareness of the environment through related training programs for its employees, along with educational seminars and other environmental events, and it will proactively disclose information about its activities via its websites, CSR reports, and other publications.
For more information about the 2020 Environment Initiative Plan Please click on a link below to access the 2020 Environment Initiative Plan webpage・English:http://www.hino- global.com/csr/environment/management/2020plan.html ・Japanese:http://www.hino.co.jp/csr/environment/management/2020plan.html