May 24, 2005
Hino Motors releases medium-duty truck series Hino Ranger in compliance with the New Long-Term Emission Regulations- A further advance in the clean diesel system DPR and compliance with the world’s most stringent regulations -
Hino Motors, Ltd. (“Hino”) is launching sales of the Hino Ranger in compliance with the New Long-Term Emission Regulations (2005). The new model Hino Ranger features the world’s only lineup of 4-, 5- and 6-cylinder turbo intercooler diesel engines (“TI diesel engines”) now also compatible with the new regulations with the aim of addressing diverse customer needs.
Vehicles equipped with 4- and 5-cylinder engines are being released today with compatibility of all vehicles with the New Long-Term Emission Regulations. Trucks with 6-cylinder engines will be available beginning in October of this year.
Hino developed the revolutionary clean diesel system “DPR”*1 system, which reduces PM (particulate matter) to a level compatible with the new regulations, and, in 2003, released on the market vehicles equipped with the DPR system compatible with the New Short-Term Emission Regulations of 2003-04 (4 star) as an early effort to achieve a broad reduction in particulates.
The new model vehicles now being released have been brought into compliance ahead of schedule with the New Long-Term Emission Regulations, currently the world’s most demanding regulations, by further developing the DPR system and broadly reducing NOx (nitrogen oxides). In addition, since no filler or other material is required other than fuel (diesel fuel), an improvement in environmental performance is realized while maintaining the excellent ease-of-use of the diesel trucks without the imposition of any infrastructural restrictions.
A further improvement in fuel consumption performance is made possible by installing advanced TI diesel engines in all vehicles, maintaining outstanding fuel consumption performance and furthermore utilizing the eco-drive assist system Hino Drivemaster (optional).
The Hino Ranger series has gained the strong support of a broad range of customers by providing the only trucks featuring high roofs and all-wheel air suspension in the domestic medium-duty truck class*2. Merchantability has been upgraded by the installation of new large reinforced rear bumpers that comply in advance with the amended safety standards of the amended Road Trucking Vehicle Law effective in September of this year, further assuring its usefulness to the customer.
As an environmental frontrunner, Hino will continue to successively expand its truck and bus lines that comply with the New Long-Term Emission Standards.
*1: Diesel Particulate active Reduction system
*2: Payload 4-ton truck class
[1. Hino Ranger Features]
1.Advanced environmental performance
1) Equipped with newly developed J05D (4-cylinder), J07E (5-cylinder) and J08E (6-cylinder) clean diesel engines with high pressure common rail fuel injection system, high-efficiency cool EGR, variable nozzle turbo, etc,
2) A further advance has been achieved in the clean diesel system DPR, which incinerates captured PM, through the coordinated control of the clean diesel engine and the after-treatment device DPR- Cleaner boasting of a PM capture rate of 95%.
Engine improvements realize single-step optimal control of air intake volume and EGR (emissionexhaust gas recirculation) while also broadly reducing NOx.
3) Compliance with the following diesel vehicle regulations and designation/certification systems.
(1) New Long-Term Emission regulations 2005
(2) "Excellent LEV" designation in the LEV designation system promoted by 8 prefectures and cities(Tokyo Metropolis, etc.)
(3) "LEV-6” designation in the LEV certification system promoted by 6 prefectures and cities in the Kyoto-Osaka-Kobe area
2. Outstanding fuel consumption performance
1) The installation of advanced TI diesel engines in all vehicles demonstrates outstanding fuel consumption performance and contributes to a reduction of CO2 emissions.
2) Eco-drive assist system Hino Drivemaster set as option
(1) Hino Drivemaster is an eco-drive assist system requiring only the installation of a single terminal in the vehicle without the need for a PC or other peripheral devices.
(2) It promotes the establishment of eco-driving by issuing cautions for fuel-wasting driving practices while the vehicle is in operation and driving guidance based on printout data of driving conditions after vehicle operation.
3. Full line of variations
1) The only high roof available in the domestic medium-duty truck class*2.
(1) The height from floor to ceiling is a maximum of 1,860mm realized through comfortable livability design that allows the driver to stand up in the cab.
(2) A wind deflector function brings an improvement in fuel consumption of about 7%*3.
*3: compared to cabs without wind deflectors
2) The only truck with all-wheel air suspension in the domestic medium-duty truck class*2.
(1) Compared to leaf-suspension trucks, truck bed vibration has been reduced essentially by half at the front and rear of the bed, assuring superb transport quality suitable for transporting fragile cargo.
(2) Bed height can be adjusted appropriately for loading and unloading tasks, easing those tasks while also reducing cab vibration and alleviating driver fatigue.
4. Compatibility with the amended safety standards of the Road Trucking Vehicle Law
1) All vehicles are equipped with large-size reinforced rear bumpers compatible with the mandatory installation of underrun protection devices (rear bumper) effective September 2005.
[2. Engine Series (typical engines)]
Engine model J05D [J5-II] J07E [J7-VI] J08E [J8-VI]
Cylinder arrangement 4 cylinders in-line 5 cylinders in-line 6 cylinders in-line
Displacement 4,728cc 6,403cc 7,684cc
Fuel injector type Common rail fuel injection system Common rail fuel injection system Common rail fuel injection system
Supercharging method Variable nozzle turbo with intercooler Variable nozzle turbo with intercooler Variable nozzle turbo with intercooler
Maximum output 132kW (180PS)/2,800rpm 165kW (225PS)/2,700rpm 199kW (270PS)/2,700rpm
Max. torque 490N m (50.0kgm)/1,600rpm 657N m (67.0kgm)/1,600rpm 794N m (81.0kgm)/1,600rpm