Policy toward the protection of customers' personal information
Customer personal information such as name, address and telephone number, etc. are obtained and used by Hino Motors, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company" or "we") to enable us to provide the customer with our products, services, information and so on. We will handle such personal information of the customer (hereinafter referred to as the "Personal Information") pursuant to the following policy in light of the importance of proper handling of the Personal Information:
1. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company will use the Personal Information only for the purposes publicly announced or notified to the customer, and will never use any Personal Information for any other purpose.
In addition, the Company will identify the purpose of use in advance when the customer provides its own Personal Information directly to the Company except as provided in the Personal Information Protection Law (hereinafter referred to as the "PIP Law") or any other laws and regulations.
2. Provision of Personal Information to Third Party
In principle, we will not provide any Personal Information obtained from the customer with any third party except:
- where the Company obtains the relevant customer's consent;
- where the Company entrust the handling of Personal Information in whole or in part within the scope necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Use of Personal Information described in 1 above;
- where any matter of emergency for protection of life, body or property, etc. occurs;
- where the Company is required cooperation in order for the government or local authority, etc. to implement public affairs activities; or
- as provided in the PIP Law or any other laws or regulations.
3. Sharing of Personal Information
The Company will share the Personal Information obtained from the customer among the Hino group companies for certain purposes such as providing products and services.
4. Proper Control of Personal Information
The Company will implement necessary and proper control measures to prevent the Personal Information held by the Company from being leaked, lost or altered, etc.
The Company may outsource to any party handling of the Personal Information to the extent necessary for such service, and the Company will also have a necessary and proper control over such outsourcee.
5. Request for Disclosure, etc.
When the customer should request the Company to disclose, correct, or suspend the use of its own Personal Information, such customer is kindly requested to submit a request form prescribed by the Company. Such request will be handled as soon as practicably possible after the Company identifies such request as made by such customer.
When requesting, the customer might be required to pay relevant charge under our separate policy. For details, please make any inquiry to the Customer Assistance Center described in 6 below.
6. Contact for Inquiries or Information
Customer Assistance Center, Hino Motors, Ltd.
Telephone: 0120-106-558 (for Japan domestic call only)
1st April 2005
Hino Motors, Ltd.